The Call DC

 




Summer's last hurray is here and I have one more trip before the school year starts.  This week I'm headed to D.C. for THECALL, a worship, prayer, and fasting gathering of up to one million people on the National Mall.  Ronnin and I are dropping the boys off at her parents place in St Louis, and then we're flying to DC.  We scored super-cheap tickets at a five-star hotel in DC, thanks Priceline.com, and we plan on hitting the usual tourist hotspots while we're there.

I purposefully booked a flight late on Sunday so that we can visit one of Batterson's churches.  I'm also looking forward to the time alone with Ronnin.  We've had a busy summer and she has been very busy with the boys, so this will be a great time for her to truly 'get away'.

Just read this from the website of THECALL and thought it might interest you.  These are the values and goals of the organization.  I especially like the sentence following the header, a simplistic statement of unity.  It makes me dream of a day when denominations, races, and ethnic groups unite for the demonstration of the Kingdom of God.

THE CALL HAS DEFINITIVE VALUES 

The Call supports and endorses all Christian organizations that espouse its values: 

·    Worship 

·    Unity 

·    Prayer 

·    Fasting 

·    Follow Up 

·    Transformation 

·    Repentance 

·    Reconciliation 

·    Impartation 

·    Equipping 

·    Revival 

·    Revolution 


If you had to write an honest summary up your life, ministry, or focus, what would it look like?

1 comments:

Grannie August 12, 2008 at 3:50 PM  

Joe thinking of you and praying you have a great trip. Love you
Mom

Joe Gabbard

I'm a pastor and strategy leader at a great church in Kansas City, MO.  Ronnin and I have been married for over 10 years and we have two beautiful, blond headed boys.  I'm interested in loving my family and being part of a community that impacts the spiritual landscape of our region.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter