red blinking light



This is the sixth of 21 posts serving as a devotional and prayer guide building up to the launch of creativecommunity.tv on Saturday November 6th.

“For the Kingdom of God is not a matter of talk, but of power.” - 1 Corinthians 4:20.

I recently switched to AT&T for home internet service. I signed the contract, bought the equipment, filled out the rebate forms, and then asked when my service would be activated. The answer shocked me, they told me that I wouldn’t have power for almost a month.

The wireless router is plugged in and ready to go, it just has an annoying red light telling me that service isn’t available yet. For many of us, we have that same red blinking light over our lives. We struggle with feeling like we don’t have very much power in our relationship with Christ, and we feel like we’re not ready and available to serve others.

The truth though is that it’s not our skills and ability that mark our effectiveness, it’s our ability to allow Him to work in us and through us. He’s created you with a uniqueness that makes you powerful. Technology, the arts, spoken and written word, and simple relationship building can all be effective ways to reach people with the message of the cross.

So know today that if you’ve signed the contract and given your life to Him, then you have instant and immediate access to his throne. Remember, in your weakness, His strength is made possible.

Ask God today for the the confidence and faith to be the person that He’s created you to be and to empower you to minister to others through your unique gifting.


Read 1 John 3: 16-20

0 comments:

Joe Gabbard

I'm a pastor and strategy leader at a great church in Kansas City, MO.  Ronnin and I have been married for over 10 years and we have two beautiful, blond headed boys.  I'm interested in loving my family and being part of a community that impacts the spiritual landscape of our region.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter