what is God's will?



This is the third of 21 posts serving as a devotional and prayer guide building up to the launch of creativecommunity.tv on Saturday November 6th.

“What is God’s will for my life?” This is the #1 question that most Christian’s struggle with. “Who do I marry?” “What college do I attend?” “How do I know which decision to make?”

Of course there’s nothing wrong with asking these questions. The problem is the premise of these questions. As if all the universe is on pause, waiting for us to figure out our purpose in life. The better question is: “God, what is your will for mankind and how can I get my life aligned with it.”

What if we reread the Bible and reprayed our prayers with a focus on God’s will for humanity and not just our own lives? Is it possible that God’s will for our lives can actually be found by serving His will for others?

This is the ultimate message of the cross: to lay down our lives, our dreams, and our passions and take up God’s heart for humanity. In the process, we don’t lose ourselves, we find out that God has uniquely “tooled” us, gifted us, even created us to fill a specialized role for the Kingdom of God.

Pray and ask God today what His will is for those around you, the people you want to minister to, and the people you want to reach.

Read Ephesians 4: 7-13

0 comments:

Joe Gabbard

I'm a pastor and strategy leader at a great church in Kansas City, MO.  Ronnin and I have been married for over 10 years and we have two beautiful, blond headed boys.  I'm interested in loving my family and being part of a community that impacts the spiritual landscape of our region.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter